So, what is coaching and how can it help you?
What is coaching?
The foundation of my coaching approach comes from my training at the Coaches Training Institute ('CTI'). The CTI® coaching philosophy holds that people are naturally creative, resourceful and whole — completely capable of finding their own answers to whatever challenges they face. The job of a Co-Active Coach® is to ask powerful questions, listen and empower to elicit the skills and creativity a client already possesses, rather than instruct or advise.
What types of challenges does a Career Transition Coach help to tackle?
I work primarily with people who are wanting to make a change in their career or professional life, or those who are forced into a career transition, due to redundancy or other factors outside of the person's control. Our work together could cover any of the following:
- Gaining confidence in the workplace
- Gaining awareness of strengths, and areas for development - How do you build on the strengths and continue to learn and develop?
- Working toward a promotion or into a new position
- Gaining greater self-awareness within your career - Is this the career you want or do your interests and passions lie elsewhere?
- Completing a career shift from one role to another - whether in the same industry, or different
- Updating and enhancing your CV
- Finding new work and preparing for interview
Click here to read testimonials from those who have benefited from my career coaching programme.
What is coach mentoring?
Have you started a coaching training programme and need support and guidance along the way? I can help provide clarity around some of your biggest questions, including:
- Establishing and building a coaching business
- Finding clients
- Finding your niche
- Encouraging and supporting you to stretch as a coach
- Addressing practical coaching questions that arise during training
Click here to read testimonials from those who have benefited from my coach mentoring programme.
How is coaching different from therapy?
Traditional forms of counseling and therapy are designed to look backwards to the root of the problem occurring for a client (i.e., where is the client stuck and what were the origins of those beliefs/patterns?) With Co-Active coaching, we support our clients in moving forward in living their most fulfilled life, both inside and outside the workplace. We guide our clients in identifying the inner resources available to them that support their most resonant choices. Once the coaching relationship comes to an end, the client is a more resourceful, empowered and self-aware person.